Restrictions on Use
You agree that you will not give any false, incomplete or inaccurate information for purposes of using this Platform. You agree not to use this platform for fraudulent or unlawful purposes including, without limitation, engaging in “data scraping” or “screen scraping” to obtain proprietary information.
Limitation of Liability
Users should understand and agree that we shall not be liable for any loss or damage any third party incurs relating directly or indirectly to the use of this platform. We shall also not be responsible for any content that third-party users may take for any interaction they make on our Platform. We will not be liable to any person for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential, exemplary or punitive damages based on any causes of action arising out of their use of this Platform, including any loss of money.
Users agree that this limitation of liability applies even if we have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage. Without limiting the generality of the above, users also specifically agree that, we are not responsible for any actual or alleged illegal conduct of other users on this Platform.
Monitoring of the site and disciplinary measures
The administrator reserves the right to monitor the Web Platform, including the networks, discussions and any other content shared. Users may be suspended or terminated for the use of this platform if they do not comply with these terms or use this platform in a manner that would cause liability to us or disrupt this platform or the use of it. If the issue relates to crime, the appropriate authorities will be informed to investigate and their access will only be restored after they have been cleared by the appropriate authority.
The terms and conditions herein stated shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of the Gambia. The agreed users are urged to first contact us regarding any issue relating to this platform, for resolution. If the issue is unable to resolve, the relevant authorities shall be engaged for possible resolution.
The user is implored to acknowledge any content extracted from this platform.
Users of this platform are advised to avoid posting inappropriate content that can be upsetting, disturbing or offensive. Such content may include sexually explicit material, false or misleading information, violence, extremism or terrorism, hateful or offensive material.
Comments, posts or images in the Platform generated by the users should not:
- Spread false and/or defamatory information;
- Infringe on copyrights;
- Include content that is discriminatory, abusive, vulgar, invasive of a person’s privacy or otherwise in violation of State law;
- Post content that includes private and/or personal information;
- Promote commercial services and products, or causes;
- Promote health activities not scientific based or not based on commonly accepted practices.
Abusive behaviour and Spam
The platform strives to protect its users from abuse and spam. User abuse and technical abuse (i.e., the repetitive publication of the same content that may be considered spam) will not be tolerated in the Web Platform and may result in a suspension of the account. In particular, the following may result in a suspension:
- Creation of multiples accounts per user: You are allowed to create multiple accounts per organisation, provided that there is only one account per employee. To avoid confusion, no user can create a second account for themselves.
- Abusive behaviour to a specific target: You are not allowed to engage in targeted abuse or harassment. Factors determining you are carrying out harassment in a network include:
- Targeting a specific organisation in order to attack their reputation or content in an impolite way.
- Attacks on one specific individual or organisation without any provocation including insults, disrespectful comments, threats or attacks.
- Malware (Malicious Software)/Phishing: You are not allowed to publish links to malicious content intended to damage or disrupt another users’ browser or computer or compromise the privacy statement.
- Spam: You are not allowed to use the Web Platform for spam. The report function available in each publication may be used to report spam. The user concerned should use the text-box that appears when reporting the spam to explain why s/he considers that content as spam. The following non-exhaustive list of examples demonstrates what falls under the definition of spam:
- Posting numerous publications with the same copied text.
- Unscientific content
- Content unrelated to GoTG Policy
- Creating misleading or false content in a systematic manner.
- Posting links repeatedly in different publications without any written update or information on the links.
- Creating misleading accounts or content.
- Promoting third party content with promotional purposes and with no aim to enhance discussion and engagement.
- Repeatedly posting general information in the thematic networks focused on one single topic to disrupt the conversation. A scam by which an e-mail user is duped into revealing personal or confidential information which the scammer can use illicitly.
- Graphic content: You are not allowed to use pornographic or violent graphic icons in your postings, profile or any other kind of publication. The following is deemed to constitute as inappropriate content and posting such content may result in your account being suspended as well as the removal of the offending posts:
- Posts or images of a defamatory, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane or threatening nature. This includes any message or material, which is ethnically, racially, religiously or sexually offensive, insulting or demeaning. The content posted does not reflect the official opinion of the GoTG. Responsibility for the information and views expressed therein lies entirely with the authors of the posted content or material.
- Posts or images that violate any State laws, including intellectual property rights.
- Advertising of products or services for commercial use. You may talk about you or your organisation’s initiatives to start a discussion or share knowledge, which you may have gathered. However, registering solely to promote yourself, your company or others could lead to the suspension of your account.
- Discussions over illegal activities including software and media piracy and other intellectual property infringements.
- Discussions of a personal nature that are not related to public health issues.
- Posting other people’s personal information (i.e., telephone numbers, addresses, etc.) on the network without consent.
- Any content that contains malwares such as viruses, Trojan horses, spyware etc. which may be harmful to a computer user.
- Links to any of the above.
- Discussions in a language other than English
Duties and rights of users
Our goal is to provide a Web Platform for enhanced communication amongst stakeholders and that each user is responsible for the content you publish within the Platform. Hence users are obliged to abide by the following:
- Treat all other users of the Web Platform in a respectful and courteous manner at all times, even in the event of disagreements.
- Discussions in the Platform should never reveal health data of individuals.
- Users should not pretend to be Administrators, Coordinators, Editors or Moderators by using “Administrator”, “Coordinator”, “Editor” or “Moderator” in their username or profile.
- Leaders of discussions in the thematic networks should not abuse their coordinating role and always maintain a balanced discussion taking into consideration comments and ideas from all contributors that wish to input on the drafting of a specific Joint Statement.
- In the event of a disagreement between users on whether the content shared in any network of the Platform is appropriate, the administrator will make the final decision.
- Sales products, such as priced publications, shall not be uploaded on the Web Platform.
Users in turn have the responsibility to verify that they own the Intellectual Property Rights of the entire content if they wish to publish it, or that at least that they are aware of what permissions they have to share such content (e.g., creative commons licenses, photo